Library hours: 8:30am to 3:30pm
Tips for selecting books
Looking for great books…check here!
How to make your book happy
- Carry your books to and from school in your backpack in a large waterproof bag, especially if you carry food or drinks in your backpack. Keep your books out of puddles. Remember: Don’t give your book a bath!
- Keep books away from food and beverages. Please have snacks before or after reading your library books and keep them away from areas where food is served. Remember: Don’t feed your book!
- Keep books away from younger siblings who might scribble, tear or otherwise damage books. Books do not make good baby toys!
- Keep books away from pets. Books are not good pet food.
- Turn pages carefully from the top right corner, not the bottom of the page.
- Make sure your hands are clean when reading library books.
- Protect the spine of the book by always using a bookmark rather than placing it face down with the pages open.
- Always use a bookmark instead of turning down the corner of the pages or using a post it, which leaves a residue. Do not use objects not meant to be bookmarks, such as pencils. Anything too thick will break the book’s spine.
- Designate one particular place to store library books and return books there after each reading.
- Read it! Have someone read it to you.
- Return your book on time so others may enjoy it.