Meet your Principal
2019 Welcome back, Explorers!
Dear Friends and Families of Robert Gray Elementary,
Our staff is excited for the upcoming year and have several new additions to share.
- Sara Carlson is opening a new first grade classroom this year. Sara’s children attend Robert Gray and we are happy to add her to our teaching staff.
- Kim Halleck is our counselor and comes to us with many years of experience from the Kelso School District.
- Jill Rivas and Misty Wilson will be teaching our Resource Rooms students. Joslynne Davidson – Bailey will be our psychologist. Jill, Misty and Joslynne have all worked for the Longview School District for numerous years and we welcome them to Robert Gray.
- Justyne Mullinex is an LPN and will be in our health room all day.
- Mikiah Littlefield is our secretarial assistant and brings a wealth of secretarial experience AND prior knowledge as a primary teacher in the Kelso School District prior to becoming a mother.
Upcoming Events –
Monday, August 19 – Office opens from 8 to 4. (Closed for lunch 12-1)
Tuesday, August 20 – Kindergarten teachers will call each kindergarten family regarding the Smart Start schedule.
Monday, August 26 – Student Supply Drop Off and Meet the Teacher, 5 to 6 PM.
Wednesday, August 28 – First Day of School for our 1st through 5th graders.
Tuesday – Friday, September 3, 4, 5, 6 – Kindergarten Smart Start ½ Days of either morning or afternoon. (Teachers will be calling kindergarten families on Tuesday, August 20th with these schedules).
Monday, September 9 – Kindergarten students’first full day.
It is going to be a terrific year at Robert Gray Elementary.
Looking forward to seeing our Explorers and Families,
Robert Gray Elementary Principal
born in an America ship to circumnavigate the globe. In 1791, he led another expedition to the northwest coast on a ship called “Columbia.” In 1792, Gray sighted, named and sailed up the Columbia River in Oregon, and also explored Gray’s Harbor in what is now the state of Washington. Because of Gray’s exploration, the United States now laid claim to the Oregon Territory. Gray again continued westwards and circumnavigated the glob, returning to Boston in 1793.
Chickalacka, chickalacka, chow, chow, chow
Boomalacka, Chickalacka, who are we?
The Explorers at RG!
Like Captain Gray, when he sailed across the sea.
Working hard toward our dreams and learning every day.
That’s the Explorer spirit here at Robert Gray!